Sunday, November 25, 2012

Cord Blood Banks, Is it Worth It?

I just heard this from a friend of mine, he managed to stumble on a site that makes use of the excess blood left in the umbilical cord after your baby is born. Its kinda hard to explain on a medical point of view but upon visiting its site I kinda get its purpose, but not that much. This medical terms really spins my head off.

Is putting your child's cord blood in the Cord Blood Banks a good option? Well I think its on a case to case basis. I may not be a medical expert when it comes to this. But by reading about this I come up with a simple answer if your family have a history of blood disease or cancer maybe you might wanna choose this option. But of course such procedure comes with a hefty price though, but with that hefty price the result would save a life, that price wont matter much, would it?

Cord blood banking maybe a new procedure at this time and the rewards though is tremendous (LIFE it self) my only concern is the risk if the institution you bank it in closes, especially here on our country where only a few offers this kind of procedure. It would also help to consult your family doctor or a obstetrician in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails